Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Carson at FIVE Months!


WOW-Carson is almost 6 months old! Time is flying and moving a bit too fast! Carson seems to do something new everyday and she has the best personality! I honestly can't get enough of her!!! I rush to get out of work everyday so I can see her BIG grin when I walk in at daycare-it's the best feeling to see her face light up when she sees me! :)


As for what's new-we started some solids-tried rice cereal a few times and she does NOT like it at all, no matter the texture. So, we also tried some oatmeal and she's not a big fan of that either. This week we are planning are starting sweet potatoes and bananas soon! I am so excited to start making her real food :)



Her sleep schedule is still going great-she usually wakes once a night around 4 AM for a quick feeding and then right back to bed. And, there are some nights off and on where she sleeps the whole way through! We love those nights! As for her napping-at daycare-not so much, but on the weekends she plays catch up and seems to nap much better. When at daycare she takes about 3, 45 minute naps and then she is practically ready to crash for bed around 6. We are trying to tweak this so she can stay up until around 7. Hopefully when she moves up to the next class at 6 mos she will nap better since they have scheduled naptimes!(fingers crossed!)


Things she LOVES at 5 months:
-Still loves her lamb swing!
-Loves all things that crinkle-and especially loves to put them in her mouth!
-Absolutely LOVES bath time and the swimming pool-she no longer like to take baths "laying" down-so she sit up in her bathtub with some support and just splashes water everywhere! It is very fun! ANd she splashes just as much in the pool!
-Carson's face always lights up when Jason is around-definitely gonna be a daddy's girl and I love that! :)
-Tummy time is just about the only way you will find her-she doesn't really enjoy laying on her back anymore unless she is sucking/chewing her feet! (which is really funny to watch)
-She also really likes to try and sit up on her own-until she sees a toy she wants and dives for it-literally! haha
-she is also surprisingly intrigued by the vacuum cleaner-it's the funniest thing to watch.
-and we can't forget her TOES! Much less anything goes straight to her mouth, but always her feet-even in the bathtub-I will certainly have to get a picture of it because it is hilarious.



Things she doesn't love so much:
-Rice cereal and oatmeal :( And to think I was so excited about trying foods with her.
-being held like a baby-I miss that part of her being a baby already!
....yet again I find the things she doesn't like hard! :)

As you will see in the picture below-a bow actually goes in her hair now and STAYS! :)


Carson is such a joy in our lives, she brings so much happiness to our lives each and every day. We love her SO much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment