The last 3 weeks of my pregnancy were great, just filled with waiting, waiting and more waiting. At my 38 week appointment my blood pressure was slightly elevated, so the OB decided to go ahead and schedule an induction for a few days before my due date. And I also had a couple extra MD visits to check my BP-which was normal at every other visit.
So the day came- January 21st, 2011. Carson's Birthday! The day was amazing!! I was blessed with an easy delivery to go along with a smooth pregnancy.
We arrived at the hospital at around 8 am and got settled into my room, still filled with anticipation on what was about to happen. I was then started on Pitocin (a medicine that initiates contractions) around 10am. The OB told me to be patient because with inductions sometimes it can take a while-SO I just relaxed and enjoyed time with my family and ate popsicles!
The OB returned around 2:30pm and decided to break my water! After that, things went very quickly~! I got to 10 centimeters and was ready to push in about an hour and then pushed for about 40 minutes and Carson Elizabeth Gossett made her entrance into the world at 5:34 pm, weighing in at 9 pounds 3 ounces and 21 inches long!!! There are truly no words to explain the experience. Carson is perfect. She makes me smile 24 hours a day! I cannot wait to spent the next 10 weeks at home with her!
Ready to head home from the hospital:
The first week of her life was filled with many trips to the Pediatrician-unfortunately Carson got a mild-moderate case of Jaundice and we had to keep her in a bilirubin bed at home for 2 days-she HATED it and so did we!!! She had to lay naked under UV lights around the clock and could only come out for feedings. Very sad for her dad and I because we couldn't sit and cuddle with our new little girl. But, the jaundice is completely resolved, and now we can hold, kiss and cuddle as much as we like! :) We also had lots of visitors and family in town to help with meals, etc. ALL was greatly appreciated!
As for sleep, I think Jason and I are getting a good amount. We feed Carson every 2 hours during the day and every 2-3 hours at night. But, we are sleeping well in between feedings. And Carson is a very happy baby-I can't say it enough how blessed we are! She is absolutely perfect.


Congratulations to you both! She is beautiful! I want to meet her soon!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations; she is beautiful! Such a cute little family!
ReplyDelete